AP Calculus AB in Room 603
AP Calculus AB will be an adventure as it will culminate your last five years of math. The big ideas we will cover are: Limits, Derivatives, Integrals, and the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus.
Parts of our Calculus work will be accomplished in a "flipped class" environment. In class, we will develop concepts and continue to build upon them as we explore techniques throughout the school year. At home, you will complete various tasks to help you deepen your understanding of the concepts.
**Class PPTs are linked in google classroom.**
AP Summer Homework & Others
Summer 2018 Google Classroom - g4u2aov
Semester 1 Guidelines
Semester 2 Guidelines
- YES, it is a requirement to have a graphing calculator for this class.
- Do I have to buy a graphing calculator? No. You can checkout one from the media center.
- Why should I buy one when there are amazing apps and tools online? Those are helpful with homework and classwork. However, smartphones & laptops are not allowed for any of my assessments, AP exam or any state tests. Also, most college professors don't allow smartphones and laptops on assessments.
- I want to buy a graphing calculator. Which one should I get? That is a big question the will require you do some research. Review this chart and then ask me if you need more guidance.
- What calculator is allowed on the SAT/ACT/AP test? Checkout the links below to read more about which calculators are permitted for college entrance exams.
SAT ACT AP