Pre- Calculus in Room 603
Pre-Calculus builds on the concepts of Algebra 1, Algebra 2 and Geometry, and adds new topics such as trigonometric functions, analytic trigonometry, applications of trigonometry, systems, matrices, analytic geometry in two and three dimensions, discrete mathematics, and an introduction to calculus.
Parts of our Pre-Calculus work will be accomplished in a "flipped class" environment. This means you will watch videos and complete tasks at home to learn the concepts. In class, we will continue to build upon the concepts you learned at home by participating in activities individually and in groups.
Chapter 1 - Functions and Graphs
Chapter 2 - Polynomials, Power, and Rational Functions
Chapter 3 - Exponential, Logistic, and Logarithmic Functions
Chapter 4 - Trigonometric Functions
Chapter 5 - Analytic Trigonometry
Chapter 6 - Applications of Trigonometry
Chapter 7 - Systems and Matrices
Chapter 8 - Analytic Geometry in Two and Three Dimensions
Chapter 9 - Discrete Mathematics
Chapter 10 - An Introduction to Calculus: Limits, Derivatives, and Integrals
The Unit Circle
- You are allowed to make a reference guide for the final exam.
- It can be one piece of paper handwritten on both sides.
- Nothing typed or printed out.
- Your name and period # must be on it.
- You will turn it in at the end of the final exam.
- No sharing.
- Yes it is a requirement to get some kind of graphing calculator.
- I recommend the TI-83 model(s) if you don't plan on doing higher-level math after high school.
- I recommend the TI-84 model(s) if you plan on doing some higher-level math after high school.
- I recommend the TI-nSpire CX CAS (right) if you are majoring in a math or science field. This is the future of Texas Instruments.
- Yes there are amazing apps and tools online. Those are helpful with homework and classwork. However, smartphones & laptops are not allowed for any of my assessments or any state tests.
- Most college professors don't allow smartphones and laptops on assessments.
- Checkout the links below to read more about which calculators are permitted for college entrance exams.
SAT ACT AP